Energy Management system: prediction of consumption and energy production
An energy management system is a software platform useful to acquire and process a huge quantity of data about the consumption and production of energy, coming from IoT technologies for metering.
These data, properly processed, are a valuable source of information to be exploited for the optimization of energy management and for the detection of fraud.
The monitoring of electricity consumption through energy management system as well as production from renewable sources, today poses an important technological challenge about the ability to store and analyze real-time Big Data.
– energy companies and ESCo need to identify the consumption profiles of their customers, in order to propose personalized offers and to be able to identify and prevent fraud
– energy-intensive organizations must have predictive models of energy production from renewable sources and consumption, in order to optimize the supply from the electricity market
Revelis developed EMPhaSys, a platform based on Rialto ™ with capabilities of storage and processing of time series from electronic meters, enabling the following functions:
– Customer Segmentation: identification of typical consumption profiles of customers
– Customer Behavior Prediction: short-medium term forecast of customer behavior with reference to energy withdrawals
– Production Prediction: short-medium term forecast of energy production from renewable sources
– Fraud Detection: identification of anomalies in the supply of energy and fraudulent activity